Nandi Hills Winery Tour Bangalore
Nandi Hills near Bangalore has long been a getaway from the city. The famous hills, which was a Tipu Sultan bastion is 940 metres above sea level. The Shiva and Nandi temples up the hill are also famous attractions here.
We offer you Nandi Hills in its wine country status. The foothills here have proved perfect for growing grapes. Fine wines and vineyards have grown roots in the country not too long ago and the climate near Nandi Hills is ideal for vineyards.
The winery is spread in more than 400 acres here and is home to the premium wine, 'La Réserve' known for its hint of spice with chocolate, coffee and vanilla flavours on the palate.
What to expect...
- The tour begins at 10:30 AM after a brief history and info about vines and vineyard cultivation, you move on to the winery.
- The winery tour takes you through the wine making process beginning from grape crushing to filtering, processing, fermenting, distilling, bottling etc. (photography not allowed)
- Move on to the Barrel Room to see the 'La Reserve' being stored in oak barrels imported from abroad. (photography allowed)
- Now comes the fun part - wine tasting! Taste up to five different wines in 45-90 minute session among oak barrels.
- After wine tasting have lunch (veg and non veg (biriyani), 1 soup & 1 sweet)
Optional: You are free to tour the vineyard about 20 kilometres away from the winery after the tour. However, its best to do this during January to April when harvesting happens.
- Winery tour
- Taste up to 5 wines
- Wine expert charges
- Transport to and from Bangalore
- Transport from Winery to the Vineyard
- Any personal items bought
- Anything not mentioned in 'inclusions' list
Notes & things to carry
- Tour is available all year round
- To see grapes harvesting visit in the months of January to April
- Wear sunscreen and caps
- Distance - About 50 kilometres north of Bangalore
- Time - 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- The tour can be conducted for a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 50
- We can provide transportation for groups at an extra charge
- Great idea for all kinds of groups from Bangalore including Corporates
- Anyone of age 18 and above can participate
- Rate varies on weekdays and weekends