The Kundalika is a delightful river for whitewater rafting as the daily opening of the dams bring joy to rafting fans. Kundalika is situated in tropical Kolad, which is fast emerging as the adventure headquarters of Maharashtra and there's much to see and do here. The river runs through the forest below the Mulshi and Bhira Dams, about 120 kms from Mumbai and 100 kms from Pune.
Rafting in the Kundalika River is possible almost every day, as the dams releases excess water daily creating white water thrill downstream! Once the water is released at 8:15 AM rafting is set up at Saje Village. Enjoy rafting for a good 2 hours here under the watchful eyes of our experts.
05:30 hrs- Plan your travel in such a way that you are at Chandani Chowk (from Pune) or Panvel (from Mumbai). Carry packed breakfast to save on time
08:15 hrs - Have a quick tea/coffee/breakfast break en-route, reach Saje Village starting point. Kit up with the provided gear of helmet, life jacket & pedals followed by instructions by our rafting expert
08:30 hrs - Water is released. Raft for 2 hours after the water has been released (There may be delays in release of water and on very rare occasions water may not be released)
12:00 hrs - Usually, rafting is over even when there is a considerable delay in water release time
A few points to remember...
- Wear comfortable clothing like T-shit and shorts
- Anyone over the age of 14 is allowed on the raft
- Non-swimmers can take part as life jackets are provided
- Wear sports shoes or floaters
- Avoid saris and salwar suits
- Walk-in customers are not encouraged in Kundalika Cottages so do let us know if you need stay the night before
- We provide booking for Corporate groups with overnight stay/camping, food, transport & team building games
- Stay the night for another around of rafting in the morning... We can book a room at the Kundalika Cottages for you
- Customize a day tour itinerary or an overnight itinerary according to your group choice
- You can also stay overnight at one of the beach resorts at Dive Aagar, Kashid, Murud or Alibaug
- River Kundalika is located near Kolad on the Mumbai-Goa Highway (NH-17)